The PAP First Semester Mentor is designed to help PAP freshman have exposure to an exemplary role model and help them adjust to UIC with the help of a mentor through knowledge transfer. The benefits are practicing leadership skills, achieving a personal and professional satisfaction of helping fellow PAP, as well as getting recognition from peers, while having it count as a PAP activity for the Fall semester.
The requirements for First Semester Mentors are:
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
* Third or fourth year PAP student
* Enjoy helping others
* Positive attitude
* Submit an online questionnaire to be matched with a freshman.
* Availability to meet assigned student once a month.
* Participate in mentor orientation on August 15th or August 31st from 3:30 to 4:30pm
* Attend Mentor/Mentee Reception in September (date TBD)
Please respond to Keila Valle: firstname.lastname@example.org