Sustainability LLC Orientation Updates and Schedule (8/21/2014)
Welcome to the 3rd and final day of Orientation!
Some quick reminders for today:
* If you haven't signed in for Orientation and received your t-shirt, folder and nametag, please be sure to do so this morning at our first session. If you don't sign in for Orientation, you will be charged early arrival fees, which are significantly more expensive than the $15 orientation fee.
* Please remember to sign and hand in your Bike Release Form and your Photo/Video Release Form. If you are under the age of 18, your parent will need to sign at check-in, or Jennifer can make arrangements to send the documents to them if you email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Wear your walking shoes for Orientation - we'll be going many places by foot. If you have mobility issues, please let our student leaders know so that we can accommodate your needs.
*Today's schedule is as follows:
- 10am-12pm Campus Exploration and Scavenger Hunt. Meet your peer leaders in the field on the north side of LAR (near the bike path)
- 12-1pm Lunch at Piato at Lincoln Square Mall (if you're just joining us in time for lunch, you can walk or ride your bike up Lincoln Ave. until you get to Illinois St. Then, go up Illinois St. until you just pass the residential area, and you will see a big parking lot on your left. This is Lincoln Square. The restaurant is in the middle of the building, and bike racks are on the Illinois St. side of the building).
- 1-5pm Eco Shopping Tour - You will split up into groups and go to various locations right after lunch.
- 5:30pm Dinner in any residence hall. We encourage you to go somewhere new with friends from Sustainability.
- 6:30-8:00pm Open House/Painting Project in the Sustainability Lounge and Garden Shed - you will have floor meetings at 8:30pm, so we are cutting off the open house a little bit earlier than originally anticipated.
* The most up-to-date copy of the full Orientation Schedule may be found here.