The easiest way to sign up for the Sustainability LLC Bike Loan Program is to participate in Sustainability LLC Orientation, as we will give students opportunities to complete all of the necessary steps at that time. However, if you missed that part of Orientation, it's not too late.
Steps to sign up for the Sustainability LLC Bike Loan Program:
1) You must be living in the Sustainability Living-Learning Community at LAR (2nd or 3rd floor of Shelden)
2) You must read, sign, and hand in this liability form to Jennifer Bechtel (Program Director) or Sohinee Oswal (Sustainability Intern). This can be handed in during SLLC Orientation or to our office in the Sustainability Lounge (next to the main office of LAR) or to the LAR front desk (ask them to place it in the Sustainability LLC mailbox). PARTICIPANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST HAVE THIS FORM SIGNED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
3) Successfully complete the Illinois Bike Safety Quiz at www.bikesafetyquiz.com and send your Certificate of Completion to Sohinee Oswal at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Sign up for one time during the current semester when you will assist Sohinee with bike maintenance. Sign up during Orientation or email Sohinee for available times at email@example.com
5) Attend an SLLC Bike Orientation. The first of these will take place during SLLC Orientation. Additional dates TBA. Email Sohinee for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once these steps are completed, you will be added to the list of Sustainability LLC residents who will be permitted to check out SLLC Bike keys from the LAR Main Desk.
When you use an SLLC Bike, you must ALWAYS use a helmet. We encourage you to purchase your own helmet to assure proper fit. However, there will also be helmets available for check-out at the LAR desk.
Questions about the Bike Loan Program should be directed to Jennifer Bechtel email@example.com (217)244-4850