Web Services in Public Affairs has released a new feature in Email+ for managing subscriptions. Subscriptions automate the process of adding Subscribe, Unsubscribe, and Opt out links to your emails. When creating a new email simply turn on any of the new features, choose your group, add your link text and message, and Web Services will insert your selected features into the footer of your emails. No coding, variables, or knowledge of HTML/CSS is necessary.
Subscriptions can only be used with Skins created by the new Skin Designer Wizard. Web Services is actively converting your one-column email skins for you, if you have an immediate need to use the Subscription feature just let us know and you will be moved to the top of the conversion list. Just send us the name or ID of your skin.
Details about Subscriptions
Subscribe – the groups selected for distribution on the General tab will be available as subscribe groups. Only one group can be selected for subscribing.
Unsubscribe - users that click the unsubscribe link will be removed from all groups selected for distribution.
Opt Out – Instead of using unsubscribe, which removes people from you distribution list, you can use opt out. Opt out builds a new group of people that do not want to receive emails. It does not remove people from any of your distribution lists/groups. How it works:
- In the Group Manager create a brand new group. When creating the group select the option for “Opt out”. You can preload this group with people that do not want to receive emails or just leave it blank. We recommend always starting the name of these groups with “Opt Out - ?”.
- In Email+ on the general tab you will select like always any number of groups to email to.
- On the Message >> Subscription tab select the option labeled “Opt Out”.
- You will now select the Opt Out group that you created in the Group Manager. This group will contain all of the people that have or will choose to be excluded from your emails. Each time you send an email you will want to make sure and select this group. Web Services will remove anyone in this group prior to sending the email.
- There is a second, optional, opt out group option. This is in the case where you want to allow people to opt out of a large type of emails. An example of this would be in the case where people do not want any emails from a college.
Note: Web Services will imbed the links for you. When emailing to listservs make sure to take advantage of the Listserv email box on the General tab. By making sure to use this for emails sent to listservs Web Services will remove the Opt Out and Unsubscribe links from the email going to listserv email addresses.
To get started create a new email using the Email+ Wizard. On the Appearance tab select a wizard skin represented by a ‘wand’ icon (if you skin does not have an icon click the Contact Us link at the top right and ask us to convert your skin). Find the new Message/Subscription tab and choose the features you would like to include in your email footer.
Email+ Subscriptions online workshops
Please join us for a short demo of the new Subscription feature. The workshops should not take more than 30 minutes.
Mon, Oct 21, 10 am
Tue, Oct 22, 10 am
Wed, Oct 23, 10 am
Thu, Oct 24 10 am
Joining an online workshop