February is the month of love, but here at LER, we're calling it LERve. Not only is LER the leading institute of educating future human resource professionals, we've also had our hand in starting several happy families. We thought we'd share a few of these LERve stories with you all on our Alumni Blog. Enjoy!
David and Elizabeth Carroll
1) When were you at LER? We were at the University of Illinois, Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations from 1991 to 1993.
2) How did you two meet/start dating? We met in Professor Hendricks Statistics class and we were in a group project together. We started dating about a year later.
3) When were you married? We were married in 1996.
4) What are the Carroll's up to today? We live in Naperville, IL with our three children. Dave works in Total Rewards for McDonalds Corporation.
Michael and Christine Walsh
1) When were you at LER? Michael graduated in December of 2005 and Christine graduated in December of 2006.
2) How did you two meet/started dating? We met in school and then were set up on our first date by LER's own Gentz Franz ('05). We dated briefly when Christine was finishing up school and then started dating seriously a few years later when Michael was in Dubai and Christine was in Long Island, NY. We dated long distance for a year before Michael moved to NYC so we could be in the same city and got engaged shortly after he got home.
3) When were you married? We got married in 2011. LER's own Gentzy Franz actually performed our wedding ceremony
4) What are the Walsh's up to today? We currently live in Rochester, MI, a suburb of Detroit. Michael is the Global Head of Talent and Organizational Effectiveness for Eaton's Vehicle Group and Christine is the Director of Talent, Engagement and Development at Nielsen. We have a beautiful 8 month old daughter, Charlotte and a goldendoodle named Bailey.
Brian and Tatiana Zellner
1) When were you at LER? We were at the University of Illinois, ILIR from August 2005 - December 2006
2) How did you two meet/started dating? We were in the same class at LER and became friends very quickly. After coming back from our summer internships (Brian in Arizona, Tatiana in Texas), we moved into neighboring apartments and got even closer. Having almost the same class schedule, we carpooled to class every day, studied together, worked out together, and spent a ton of time getting to know one another. We officially started dating in December, just before graduation.
3) When were you married? We got engaged in August 2010 and were married in September 2011.
4) What are the Zellner's up to today? When we were first married, we both worked for ExxonMobil and lived in Houston. We have since relocated to Chicago - Tatiana works in Executive Leadership Development for Deloitte and Brian as an HR Leader for BP. We have two children - our daughter Dylan is 3.5 and our son Grayson is 7 months.
Joe and Erin Mies
1) When were you at LER? Joe was at LER from 2003 – 2004 and Erin was on campus from 2004-2005.
2) How did you two meet/started dating? We met at a pool party, originally, and then really connected at an Illini football game tailgate.
3) When were you married? We got married in 2009.
4) What are the Mies up to today? We live in the Minneapolis area, with our three children, Evan (6), Grant (4) and Joss (2). Erin works as a Senior Human Resources Manager at Land O’Lakes and Joe works for Republic Services as an Area Human Resources Manager.