V3 Companies is a growth-oriented organization providing professional engineering, construction, and science related services to clients. V3’s Construction & Ecological Restoration Practice Area is seeking qualified candidates to fill multiple Field Technician positions. A technical degree is not required for this position, however, for students interested in the biological sciences (i.e., biology, botany, ecology, zoology, aquatic ecology, etc.), these positions offer valuable ecological field experience working within the Chicago region and can be applied for internship credit.
Open Position: Field Technicians
Location: Various sites in the Greater Chicago Metropolitan Area
Starting Date: April 2021 – August 2021
Completion: July – November 2021 (project dependent / flexible)
Hours per Week: 25 – 45 hours (project & weather dependent)
Pay: $13 – $15/hr (based on experience)
Overtime Pay: 1.5 x base wage for every hour worked over 40 in the same week
Applications: Accepted until positions are filled.
Field Technicians will assist V3 staff ecologists with a variety of field management activities for projects around the greater Chicagoland area. Responsibilities will include:
▪ Conducting invasive species control (mechanical and chemical methods) and wetland plant installation.
▪ Obtaining an herbicide operator’s license issued by the State of Illinois.
▪ Spending 100% of the time in the field at various project locations as assigned.
▪ Working in vegetative communities such as prairies, wetlands, sedge meadows, woodlands, and naturalized basins.
▪ Learning plant identification, plant ecology and invasive species control methods.
▪ Other responsibilities may include irrigation, tree and shrub installation, select tree removal, and erosion control blanket installation.
▪ Must be at least 18 years of age;
▪ Must provide own private transportation to each project location;
▪ Must have the physical ability to work in up to 2 feet of muddy water and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds, while exposed to outdoor elements such as heat and rain.
Interested applicants should email their resume to or Kaitlyn Stout at email@example.com or Rachel Reynoso at firstname.lastname@example.org