Invasive Species Technician
Agency: CAKE CISMA
Location: Bellaire, MI
Closing Date: April 5, 2021
Contact: Please complete the application form with your resume and cover letter. If you have any specific questions, please email the Program Coordinator Kirk Acharya at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: The Charlevoix, Antrim, Kalkaska, and Emmet county Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area (CAKE CISMA) is recruiting an invasive species field technician. The CAKE CISMA was formed in 2015 with the goal of protecting the natural resources, economy and human health of Northern Lower Michigan through collaborative outreach and management of invasive species. The Invasive Species Technician is a seasonal position, working from 36- 40 hours/week for up to 16 weeks. Primary responsibilities include working under the direct supervision of the Field Crew Leader to manage terrestrial invasive plants throughout the CAKE service region. Managing invasive species will be done through the use of multiple treatment methods including manual and chemical treatments as well as surveying and prioritizing infested sites.
- Work under the direct supervision of the Field Crew Leader
- Conduct surveys for invasive species on both public and private properties
- Maintain a professional level of interaction with the public
- Work with partner organizations and private property owners to treat invasive species on public and private properties (manual, mechanical and herbicide applications)
- Ensure the use of best management practices while adhering to proper herbicide application procedures
- Use tablets and GPS devices to collect accurate field data and enter it into the appropriate databases
- Assist in troubleshooting minor logistical and mechanical issues related to treatment
See the complete announcement and apply here.