Open Space STL is a nonprofit organization that works independently and collaboratively to conserve and sustain land, water and other natural resources throughout the St. Louis region. The Program Coordinator is responsible for facilitating communications and the successful planning and implementation of Open Space STL’s conservation and fundraising programs. He or she will work closely with program staff to ensure the completion of tasks within set deadlines and budgets. The Program Coordinator will identify potential funding needs to draft grant requests and develop ideas to market our programs to potential volunteers and funders. He or she will perform outreach duties to engage with the local community and produce communications to raise awareness and participation in Open Space STL’s programs and events. The Program Coordinator will also be responsible for administrative, bookkeeping, and purchasing equipment or other supplies necessary for Open Space STL to carry out our mission.
- Coordinate program meetings and communications, such as memos, meeting agendas and minutes, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of grant requests, funding continuation from outside sponsors, in-kind donations and solicit memberships.
- Advise staff, volunteers and participants on answers to questions and provide technical assistance.
- Prepare reports and financial statements regarding program operations.
- Recruit participants for programs as well as volunteers using designated marketing methods.
- Facilitate educational workshops, meetings and conferences associated with the programs.
- Purchase equipment and supplies needed for program activities
Marketing and communications:
- Develop promotional materials for Open Space STL programs and events such as brochures, newsletters and flyers.
- Develops and distributes media/press releases
- Maintain our website and social media platforms.
- Strengthen and grow our membership program and steward existing members through appropriate communications and events
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy to increase brand awareness
- Plan and execute fundraising events to support and promote programs and operations
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years related work experience
- Confident communicator and outstanding interpersonal skills. High degree of problem-solving abilities.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and layout/design skills are essential
- Superior project, time and organizational management skills
- Has the ability to encourage and motivate others, particularly when dealing with volunteers, members and donors
- Demonstrates the ability to attract and recruit program participants, new members and donors
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Shows a talent for marketing as well as formulating and implementing innovative ideas for promoting our mission.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the field of non-profit fundraising
- Passion for the Open Space STL’s mission and making a difference. Love for conservation and a demonstrated commitment to protecting natural resources is a plus!
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Regular, exempt full-time (40hr/week)
Benefits: Health, vision and dental insurance. SIMPLE IRA plan. Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Schedule: Flexible, ability to remotely and in the office. Some evening or weekends required.