CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR GRADUATING SENIORS:
Take your first step for a career in advocacy by applying for a full time position with the Student PIRGs. This job gives recent graduates the opportunity to work with great people, gain real skills, and start making a difference on important issues right away!
Students are often at the forefront of movements to build a better future for our country. Whether or not those students make real progress depends on whether they are organized, have the skills to be effective and a strategic plan to get things done.For almost 50 years the Student PIRGs have gotten results, by recruiting, training and working alongside student activists on campaigns that make a difference.
The Student PIRGs set out to increase youth voter turnout this Election cycle and organized youth mobilization campaigns in states across the country. Our efforts recruited more than 2,000 student leaders that helped make over 360,000 GOTV contacts to make sure students were heard on Election Day.The numbers are still coming in, but we know lots of young people have turned out! Our chapters on campuses across the country will now continue to provide the resources students need to tackle climate change, protect public health, revitalize our democracy, feed the hungry and more.
If you are ready to make a difference after graduation- apply now.
What you’ll do
Our Organizers provide students the training and resources needed to become movement leaders by recruiting volunteers, training potential leaders to take on more responsibility and doing campaign work themselves.
- Inspiring and recruiting hundreds of students to take action on important issues.
- Training students to be effective social change leaders so they can run strategic campaigns, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support, and coordinating lobby days.
- Building a strong, sustainable, student-funded, and student-run organization on campus by fundraising, building relationships with key players on campus, and building our brand.
- Building relationships with other student groups, faculty and administrators.
- Working alongside students to win real reforms for the public.
- Running a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues.
Apply today at jobs.StudentPIRGs.org. We are hiring for positions starting in August 2021. Immediate positions also available. You can also email Max Ciarlone at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.