Resource Conservationist (part-time)
Agency: Will South Cook Soil & Water Conservation District
Location: New Lenox, IL
Closing Date: November 30, 2020
Contact: Daniel Jay, Will-South Cook SWCD1201 S. Gougar Road New Lenox, IL 60451. For more information about this position, please call 815-462-3106, extension 3 and ask for Dan Jay or Sue Russotti
The Will-South Cook Soil & Water Conservation District (WSCSWCD) is seeking a part-time Resource Analyst specializing in environmental compliance and natural resource management. The candidate for this position should have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), be able to handle multiple tasks, be organized and be a self-starter. This person must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Access. Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus. While a College Degree in a natural resource or related field is a plus, the applicant should have experience with construction site erosion and sediment control inspections. The Resource Conservationist will report to the lead Resource Conservationist and help in carrying out technical, educational, and informational responsibilities of the WSCSWCD’s land use programs.
- Providing technical assistance on urban and rural conservation issues
- Assist with managing the provisions of the Soil Erosion and Sediment Control program by
- performing engineering plan reviews, conducting construction site inspections, and preparing reports
- Help with the Land Use Opinion program which involves performing a natural resource
- inventory on parcels in need of zoning amendments through the use of GIS and onsite inspections
- Participate in educating the public and other professionals on soil and water conservation techniques through seminars and other public events
- Gathering information to further land use program activities
- Assisting office staff with clerical duties as needed
See announcement and apply here.