Habitat Specialists (2 positions)
Agency: Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever & Habitat Forever
Location: Glen Elder, KS and Woodson/Fall River, KS
Closing Date: November 3, 2020
Contact: Matt O’Connor, Habitat Forever Coordinator 563-926-2357. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references as a single Word document or PDF file on the recruitment website.
Term/Grade: Regular/Full-time (2 positions)
Position Summary: These positions are part of a partnership between Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP) and Habitat Forever, LLC (HF). The incumbents will conduct habitat management work on public wildlife management areas. They are full-time, permanent employees of Habitat Forever and will receive daily leadership from KDWP Field Managers. One of the positions will be located at Glen Elder Wildlife Area, in Glen Elder, Kansas; the other will split time between Fall River WA and Woodson WA.
The incumbents will assist with all aspects of managing the assigned wildlife management area. Major responsibilities include:
• Directing, supervising, and implementing habitat management work on public wildlife areas;
• Procuring supplies and equipment;
• Supervising and participating in the construction, maintenance and repair of area buildings, equipment, and roads;
• Coordinating agricultural permits to insure positive benefits for wildlife;
• Providing public information;
• Participating in scientific field studies and surveys;
• Participating in training and evaluation of seasonal employees.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
See announcement and apply here.