GIS Technician (Entry-Level)
Agency: Copperhead Environmental Consulting
Location: Paint Lick, KY
Closing Date: December 4, 2020
Contact: To apply, please e-mail a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest and a CV or resume to Heather Ballinger at email@example.com. When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
Copperhead Environmental Consulting, Inc. is a full-service environmental consulting firm established in 2004. Headquartered in the historic village of Paint Lick, Kentucky, we have satellite offices in Lexington, Kentucky; Nashville, Tennessee; Asheville, North Carolina; Fairmont, West Virginia, and Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Copperhead serves a broad range of clients in need of environmental compliance, from state and federal government to private industry.
Our multidisciplinary team includes aquatic resource managers, wetland specialists, environmental planners, NEPA specialists, aquatic biologists, terrestrial biologists, avian biologists, malacologists, foresters, fixed-winged aircraft pilots, and SCUBA divers. To ensure our clients receive the highest quality services, we remain dedicated and focused in our areas of expertise. Our passion, our enthusiasm for the natural world, and our determination to provide the best environmental services prove it.
We are seeking a full-time GIS Technician to join our growing family of professional consultants. Duties include assisting with organizing, conceptualizing, and conducting spatial analyses and developing and supporting web GIS applications using the ArcGIS online platform.
- Assist in organizing, creating, and conducting ArcGIS Online (AGOL) data management.
- Assist in survey development and mobile field data collection workflow.
- Create maps, databases, and other deliverables.
- Geodatabase design and management.
- Assist in developing web GIS applications using ESRI Web App Builder, Collector, Survey123, and other ESRI applications.
- Assist in creating spatial analysis methods and models to meet project needs.
- Support with spatial equipment maintenance and field crew support.
- Assist with creation of new and innovative GIS applications for potential implementation into company workflow.
See announcement and apply here.