Biological Field Technician
Agency: Redhorse Corporation
Location: Fort Irwin, CA
Closing Date: none noted
Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
- Assisting with programs designed to monitor and preserve biodiversity at Federal facilities in the Mojave Desert of Southern California.
- Collecting biological data in order to contribute valuable findings concerning the distribution and abundance of flora and fauna, and land conservation practices.
- Conducting threatened, endangered and sensitive species surveys.
- Providing construction or project monitoring to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Conducting fence checks/repairs of conservation areas.
- Care of captive desert tortoises.
- Collecting climate data and servicing weather station equipment.
- Conducting spring/seep monitoring.
- Promoting environmental awareness through outreach and education.
- Preparing reports documenting results of data collection efforts.
- Capturing and relocating wildlife, responding to on-call wildlife management calls (1 week per month)
- During an average week, the Biological Field Technician position consists of ~80% field work.
- Other tasks as assigned.
See announcement and apply here.