Job Post Website
The Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations related to school visits, seasonal instructor staff, instructional programming and supporting equipment, and communications with visiting schools.
- $160 / day 40hrs / week 226 days / year.
- Onsite housing options.
- Benefit options available.
- Meals provided during training and when groups are onsite.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinating school visits.
- Supervise seasonal instructors.
- Oversees the seasonal instructor hiring, training, and development.
- Cover staff absences.
- Maintain program equipment.
- Support compliance with all state camp licenses and BCPS policies.
- College level experience in environmental studies/education, recreation management, or
- Certification in CPR/AED for the professional rescuer.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) or ability to obtain.
- Ability to work in and be a team leader.
- Lifeguard Certification.
- Experience with urban students.
- Experience supervising students overnight.
- Prior experience in residential/environmental/adventure education.
What You Can Expect
Programs are run in all weather conditions, the program coordinator needs to be able to work outdoors for long hours in cold, heat, rain, snow, and other weather that arises. The program coordinator will also need to be able to stand for hours and be able to hike up to 5 miles. Should be able to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
How to apply
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 reference contacts to OEC Director, Amy Cherry, firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries are welcome at 269-721-8161. Please email for a full job description.