Agency: Environmental Protection Agency
Closing Date/Time: 03/07/2022
Salary: $3,709 - $5,199 per Month CBA language applies
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 2
Collective Bargaining Agreement language applies to this requisition:
We are currently transitioning away from a paper application process to an electronic application process. This position has not been transitioned. Please follow the directions below when applying to this position.
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE
**DO NOT CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON**
40% 1. Receives training for a period of six to twelve months duration to gain knowledge in reviewing corrective actions plans and reporting for groundwater and soil remediation of Special Projects to determine if they are technically adequate in the Special Projects and Financial Unit, for the Bureau of Land (BOL), in accordance with regulations pertaining to 35 Illinois Administrative Code, Part 731 and Part 734;
- Prepares for close review, written and verbal comments to owner/operators regarding technical deficiencies
- Coordinates with other Division/Agency personnel regarding proposed alternative technologies
- Observes and assists with establishing cleanup objectives for site remediation
25% 2. Receives training in reviewing 20-day, 45-day, and site investigation plans and reports for completeness to ensure all requirements of 35 Illinois Administrative Code, Part 731 and Part 734 were abided by;
- Prepares review letters to send to owners/operators regarding deficiencies found in the 20-day, 45-day, and site investigation plans and reports
(Job Responsibilities continued)
15% 3. Receives training in checking to ensure time and material breakdown, bills and receipts are included in the budget and reimbursement submittals;
- Observes and assists with reviewing claims submitted for reasonableness and prepares summaries for the immediate Supervisor of those costs which are unreasonable
05% 4. Receives training in performing site inspections at Leaking Underground Storage Tanks (LUST) sites;
- Determines compliance with all approved plans and regulations
- Develops working relationships and coordinates with other Agency personnel to establish cleanup objectives for LUST sites
- Develops working relationships and coordinates with the Community Relations staff to prepare community relations plans and to implement said plans at assigned LUST cleanup sites, and assists higher level specialists with presentations at meetings
- Implements safety standards (subject to 29 CFR 1910.120) in performance of inspection activities
- Travels in performance of duties
(Job Responsibilities continued)
05% 5. Receives training in assisting the Division of Legal Counsel in the preparation of enforcement cases against owners/operators who have not complied with the requirements of 35 Illinois Administrative Code, Part 731 and Part 734;
- Observes and assists with the Illinois Pollution Control Board appeals regarding eligibility decisions, deductible amounts, and nonpayment costs which were deemed unreasonable by the Agency
05% 6. Utilizes a personal computer to update databases, document notes, maintain reports, receive and send emails.
05% 7. Performs other duties as required or assigned, which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in some field of the life sciences.
- This class is included as an Upward Mobility Program credential title.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires ability to prepare comprehensive written and oral reports.
- Requires ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Requires ability to profit from training received in the designated area of state government.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and agency representatives.
- Requires the ability to utilize a personal computer with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel software.
Conditions of Employment
- Requires a current and valid driver’s license.
- Requires the ability to travel.
- As required by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, this position will be required to take (within 90 days of employment) and maintain working knowledge of (8 hr. annual refresher) and/or certification to ensure position is up to date with laws, rules and regulations to maintain compliance with Il Department of Labor Occupational Safety Regulations: 24 hour OSHA training.
Work Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday to Friday
Work Location: 1021 E North Grand Ave Springfield, IL 62702-4059
1021 North Grand Avenue East MC#37
PO Box 19276
Springfield, IL 62794-9276
Submit via email to: