IAEP Student Research Grant Program 2016
DEADLINE: April 29, 2016
The SRGP is an effort to increase student interest in the environmental professions and to support them in conducting research and defining their career goals. The student research grant program will review all applications and give one First Place award of $1,200 and one Second Place award of $700 to aid students in conducting their research project (limited to supplies and mileage). The winners will receive their awards and recognition at the IAEP May 2016 meeting (location TBD).
Award recipients will also be required to create a poster in HTML or PDF format of their research project which will be posted on the IAEP website (both prior to project initiation and updated after the project has been completed).
Award recipients are required to present their research results in person at the IAEP Golf Outing Fundraiser in September, 2016.
. Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college/university located in Illinois. Undergraduates must be enrolled in at least his/her sophomore year . Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent on a 5.0 scale).
. Have a declared major in a science, engineering or policy related discipline. The following are examples of acceptable majors: civil, chemical or environmental engineering, environmental science, environmental studies, biology, hydrogeology, geology, geography, ecology, industrial hygiene, toxicology, environmental policy. NOTE: this list is not exhaustive.
. Be a student member of IAEP (Applicants may join at the time of packet
- RESEARCH GRANT PROPOSAL - REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Applicants will submit a research grant proposal (3 pages maximum) containing the following headings and associated content:
- Discuss the significance of the project
- State a hypothesis(es) or research objectives
- RESEARCH PLAN
- Experimental design
- Description and map of study area (if you are doing a field project)
- Methods and procedures
- Project timeline
- List of supplies and estimated costs
- Estimated travel/mileage expenses
- REFERENCES CITED
- APA or MLA format is acceptable
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM RESEARCH ADVISOR ◦ Your application must include a letter from a research advisor stating how long he/she has known the applicant and testifying to the applicant's ability and motivation to complete the proposed project.
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT OF APPLICANT'S ACADEMIC RECORD
GO TO HTTP://WWW.IAEPNETWORK.ORG TO DOWNLOAD THE STUDENT RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION FORM