SUMMER STUDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant announces the following positions for the 2016 Summer Student Internship Program. Successful applicants will spend 12 weeks working closely with a Sea Grant specialist on issues affecting the Great Lakes. Internships include research, communications and outreach components. Applicants may have the opportunity to participate in activities outside of their specific internship duties. The full PDF announcement with position descriptions and qualifications is available for distribution. Applications packets are due on March 9, 2016.
Internships are available in the following areas:
- Aquatic Ecology
- Green Infrastructure
- Sustainable Communities
- Water Pricing & Policy
- Website Development
- Undergraduates are eligible if they are currently enrolled in a U.S. institution of higher learning or if they graduated recently--no earlier than December 2015.
- Applicants should be U.S. citizens, permanent residents or have an active F-1 visa.
- Previous IISG interns who have participated in the Summer Internship program are not eligible.
Send all application materials via email to Angela Archer, email@example.com, by March 9, 2016. Include Internship Opportunity” in the subject line. All questions should be directed to Ms. Archer via email or 765-496-3722.
For your application, save the following documents as a single PDF file:
- Curriculum vitae detailing education and work experiences (2 pages maximum)
- Goal statement emphasizing your interest in the Great Lakes and how partnership in this program will further your career goals. (500 words or less).
- Ranked preference of the seven internship possibilities
- Copy of unofficial transcript(s)
- One letter of recommendation sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org on your behalf