Illinois Water Resources Center Summer Internship
Since 1965, the Illinois Water Resources Center has addressed the state’s water resource challenges by supporting research, educating young scientists, and working with local and state officials to develop sustainable programs and policies. Funded by U.S. Geological Survey and headquartered at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, IWRC is one of 54 water research institutes around the country.
The IWRC team is looking for a summer intern interested in science (previous knowledge not necessary) to help communication and outreach specialists share information on program activities and research related to Illinois water issues.
Primary tasks will include:
· Science writing for IWRC’s annual magazine, to be published in December. This will include interviewing researchers and project partners and writing copy.
· Blogging about IWRC projects and upcoming events as well as water related news items of interest to students in Illinois.
· Coordinating and staffing a nutrient related county and state fair exhibit at multiple venues throughout the state.
· Part-time internship
· Located on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus
· Start and finish dates are flexible, but we anticipate the position to run mid-May through mid-August
To apply for this position, send a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to Lisa Merrifield at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due March 7, 2016.