MWRD's Internship Program offers paid internship positions. While the main focus is on wastewater management, there are opportunities to gain knowledge and practical experience in a wide range of functions in each department.
Paid interns are limited to 119 working days per calendar year and receive $15.00 per hour. They do not receive benefits or paid days off.
- Referral letter from a class instructor, professor, or Internship Coordinator from current school or university.
- Cover letter stating interest in position.
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program in an accredited college or university.
- Permanent residency in Cook County (but students may attend school outside the county limit.)
- You must be a citizen or national of the United States, or an individual who is otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States.
Position Description and Application Information