We are excited to announce two position openings with Pheasants Forever / Quail Forever in Illinois. These openings are a result of existing staff advancing to new roles in the organization. We are seeking individuals with the talent, passion and desire to promote and grow the Nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 740 chapters, 145,000 members and a $75 million annual budget.
1) Illinois State Coordinator (Application Deadline is Tuesday, July 19). This individual will lead the Illinois Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever team to implement the organizational priorities in the state. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Discover, develop, coordinate, administer and manage grants and programs which advance the PFQF mission in Illinois. (i.e. State Pheasant Grant, IL Habitat Grant, State Wildlife Grants, North American Wetland Conservation Act, Grand Victoria Foundation, IL Clean Energy Community Foundation)
- Maintain and expand existing conservation partnerships with agencies and other NGOs. Serve as the primary contact with the IL Department of Natural Resources, Natural Resources Conservation Service Farm Service Agency, and Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Provide supervision, management and support of the talented Illinois PFQF staff including Farm Bill Wildlife Biologists, Strike Team members and state Outreach Coordinator
- And much more.
2) Regional Representative – Southern Illinois (Application Deadline is Sunday, July 10). Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide customer service to chapters across the state. A primary focus of the duties will include increasing memberships, merchandise sales, and facilitating contributions to and delivering national and regional habitat programs.
- Work with chapters to increase the efficiencies and effectiveness of fund-raising events.
- Create new chapters and restructure existing chapters to encourage strong volunteer committees that are striving to fulfill the mission of the organization.
- Develop and use methods of regularly communicating with chapter leaders to keep them informed and motivated about the organization’s mission, activities, goals and fund-raising efforts.
- Work with the national & IL team of employees to develop and deliver a consistent message about our habitat and youth education mission.
To apply, please visit our recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs . ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a single Word document or PDF file before uploading to the Recruitment website.