U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Internships Summer 2021
Agency: U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Location: Manteo, NC
Closing Date: none noted
Please include a cover letter, interest and date available, your resume, three references an your email contact.
Term/Grade: Full time
A few goals achieved in a successful USFWS Internship:
1. You will learn and gain field experience in bio work, such as bird nest protection, banding and surveys, turtle patrol, and turtle nest monitoring, just to name a few..
2. You will successfully lead public educational programs and become more comfortable in the Interpretation role.
3. You will learn to safely use appropriate maintenance equipment for bio and refuge work, i.e. ATV training, tractor /mower / hand tools, use herbicides for invasive plants.
4. You will follow USFWS policy and work (as a new hire would) in abiding by these regulations and working with refuge staff and other volunteers in a professional manner.
5. All of this will help you in learning more about your chosen field of work and about yourself, to help guide you in your decisions about future career goals.
See announcement and apply here.