35% 1. Prepares environmental extracts from soil, water, air, wastes, and fish tissue samples in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and established laboratory Quality Control (QC) procedures for the detection of organic compounds utilizing several different extraction techniques, including but not limited to, liquid-liquid, solid phase and accelerated solvent.
• Reviews work priorities based on sample expiration dates and guidance
• Completes samples daily
35% 2. Prepares environmental samples in analyses involving a variety of analytical techniques in accordance with SOPs, and QC directives for detection of environmental samples in trace concentrations;
• Maintains accurate temperature records for testing techniques
• Utilizes established sample preparation techniques in the laboratory
• Adheres to Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) methodologies to ensure that laboratory practices and operations are followed
• Assists in performing analyses where test results are obvious.
15% 3. As directed follows new testing procedures for the analyses of environmental;
• Informs Supervisor of all deficiencies in procedures, quality, equipment, and performance that could result in less than high-quality standard results.