Digital Soil Mapping Post-Doctoral Position
Seeking a motivated individual to work on developing a tool box of approaches for digital soil mapping across Ontario’s diverse forested landscapes. The successful candidate will work with a team of provincial and federal scientists involved in a Forestry Futures funded project aimed at using digital soil mapping for enhanced Forest Resource Inventory.
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Completion of PhD (or equivalent experience) in relevant discipline within the past 5 years
- Strong GIS skills
- Experience with digital mapping techniques (parametric, machine learning and/or Bayesian methods).
- High level of statistical and modeling skills
- Knowledge of ecological relationships between soils and vegetation
- Experience in data management and manipulation.
- An understanding of soil physical and biogeochemical processes (e.g., water, carbon and nutrient cycling) and the role of topography in driving these processes.
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000/year
Start date: Spring 2017
End date: June 2018
For more information or to submit a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the required skill email Kara Webster (email@example.com).