● Assist Stewardship Coordinator with conducting land management, including plant
identification, invasive plant monitoring and control, mowing, prairie restoration
and/or prairie planting, and effective wetlands conservation.
● Maintain properties, including trash pickup, trail maintenance, trimming, planting,
weeding, site monitoring, property boundary signage, boardwalk/bridge repair, and
other duties, as assigned.
● Assist with mapping of invasive plants and work completed using ESRI ArcGIS
program and collection app on phone. Assist with updating other records, as needed.
● Maintain all equipment and tools.
● Other duties, as assigned.
● Participate in nature/conservation programs & education of public/private groups.
● Assist in organizing and training volunteers to complete land management tasks.
● Education, experience, or strong interest in ecological restoration, natural resources
management, land management, biology/ecology/environmental studies, or
environmental education. Minimum HS Diploma/GED and 1 year of higher
● Must be physically fit and capable to work many hours. Ability to lift and carry
objects weighing up to 50 lbs. over uneven terrain. Ability to sit/stand at will, bend,
crouch/kneel, eye/hand/foot coordination, hand dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive
motions, hear sounds/communication, and speak clearly. Ability to work every
workday in inclement weather and extreme temperatures.
● Ability to work independently and with a team in field and office settings. Ability to
effectively communicate and interact with a variety of stakeholders including
scientists, volunteers, landowners, and community members.
● Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines.
● Ability to get to and from the Red-tail office in downtown Muncie.
● Experience in or willingness to learn the proper use of tractor, mower, power and
hand tools, and routine maintenance of equipment and tools.
● Strong plant identification skills, with the ability to learn native and invasive plants.
● Experience with invasive plant removal techniques, including manual (hand pull,
hand tools), mechanical (chainsaw, brush cutter), and chemical (herbicide, backpack
sprayer), or willingness to learn.
● Experience using ArcGIS and/or ESRI mapping.
● Possession of a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.