Science Camp Assistant (part-time, summer 2021)
Agency: The Morton Arboretum
Location: Lisle, IL
Closing Date: None noted
Term/Grade: Part-time, Summer
Position Summary: Assist Science Camp Instructors as they lead school-age children in nature discovery classes and activities related to the Arboretum’s remarkable exhibits and varied natural areas. Accompany Science Camp Instructors and students on engaging, fun hiking trips on the Arboretum’s grounds and assist with science-related indoor and outdoor teaching activities.
- Represent The Morton Arboretum's mission and programs in a positive, constructive, and effective manner.
- Assist Science Camp Instructors as they implement a science-related curriculum for up to 15 students of a specified age group.
- Become familiar/comfortable with hiking a variety of trails on the Arboretum grounds.
- Interact with parents and guardians of students in a professional, courteous, and responsive manner.
- Become familiar with the Arboretum’s mission, history, programs, and structure.
- Other duties as assigned.
See the complete announcement and apply here.