Wildlife Conservation Technician I
The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
Salary: $14.83/hr, 40hrs a week
6 Month Position
Description of Work:
- The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission’s Marion Conservation Aquaculture Center (MCAC) is responsible for the captive propagation and holding of non-game fishes and mollusks.
- The position will assist the MCAC Coordinator with propagation and research of rare, threatened, and endangered freshwater mussels and fishes.
- Employee will perform a variety of activities throughout the production cycle including infestations, system set-up, maintenance, data collection, data entry, and reporting.
- Attentiveness to water quality, biosecurity, inventory, animal health, and nutrition is required in all phases of the production cycle.
- Work is performed under close supervision for critical production procedures and under general supervision and review for routine and repetitive activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Position requires a working knowledge of mussel propagation, fish culture, and research techniques.
- Applicants should have the ability to operate and maintain equipment used at a propagation facility (lab equipment, pumps, manual and power tools) and periodically engage in heavy physical work.
- Ability to routinely collect and record physical, chemical and biological data is also required.
- The position requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing as well as the ability to construct, maintain, and repair hatchery equipment, buildings, and facilities.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from a college or university with a degree in wildlife or fisheries management, zoology, or biology is required (two year degree is required; four-year degree is preferred).
How to Apply:
A State Application for Employment is required. https://oshr.nc.gov/document/nc-state-government-application-employment-pd-107.
Send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information of three references to:
NCWRC - Division of Inland Fisheries
645 Fish Hatchery Road
Marion, North Carolina 28752
EMAIL: email@example.com- preferred
CALL: Rachael Hoch (828) 659-3324 x 222 during business hours with questions.
INTERVIEWS: Personal or phone interviews will be conducted in Marion, NC.
DEADLINE: Applications must be postmarked by July 5, 2017.