Seasonal Restoration Technician (MN)
Job Description: Great River Greening is a non-profit environmental restoration organization whose mission is to lead and restore community-based restoration of natural areas and open spaces. We are accepting applications for a Seasonal Restoration Technician position. The Restoration Technician implements restoration and ecological management activities on public and private sites throughout Great River Greening’s project area in the state of Minnesota as a member of a small crew.
Main Function: Implement ecologically based management plans, including restoration of ecological systems and exotic species removal.
- Perform restoration site preparation, exotic species removal, native seed collection and processing.
- Maintain garage, equipment, and other supplies in addition to other field related tasks as needed.
- Represent Great River Greening when interacting with public and private landowners.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- This position is physically demanding and typically requires 8-10 hours/day working at times in difficult terrain, under adverse field conditions and during inclement weather. The work often requires repetitive actions such as squatting, bending, kneeling, lifting, hiking, carrying and using tools and equipment for extended periods of time.
- May be subjected to moving mechanical parts, light to heavy duty machinery, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, and intense noises.
- Must be able to safely drive full-size crew extended cab 1 ton pickup with trailer fully loaded for local and regional travel in all weather conditions, for up to 4 hours per day.
- Must be available to work Saturdays during Greening’s Spring and Fall volunteer event season.
- Must be able to work independently on project sites as needed.
- Chainsaw and power tool use
- Should be a self starter and motivated individual.
- Able to work safely.
- Plant identification (both native and exotic) and their related communities.
- Skilled in native and/or traditional landscape installation and management.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills – expected to keep detailed field records.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license required; ability to pass Greening’s safe driver background check.
- Ability to pass MN DOT Health Card physical requirements
- Good safety record
- Possess or ability to pass MN pesticide applicators license (Sections A & G)
- Possess or ability to pass First Aid/CPR training
- Ability to work outdoors on steep and hilly terrain and thick underbrush
- Ability to team-lift 100 pounds
- Able to take directions and follow detailed instructions, as well as ability to make adjustments in field when it represents the interest of Greening.
To Apply: Please send resume with cover letter and references via email to email@example.com or
Great River Greening
251 Starkey St Ste 2200
Saint Paul, MN 55107