The American Association of University Women (AAUW), a gender equity advocacy organization, is one of the nation’s leading voices promoting equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States.
AAUW is seeking a talented, current undergraduate or graduate student as a STEM Intern to support programs focused on the implementation of virtual STEM programming and initiatives that encourage girls and young women to pursue STEM studies and careers. The ideal candidate will have fluency in online platforms and an interest in STEM equity and education.
- Provide support for set-up and coordination of virtual workshops
- Support data entry, including input of pre- and post-workshop evaluations
- Assist in tracking and maintenance of the workshop registrations
- Provide reports from program database as needed
- Conduct online research on best practices in online learning and STEM equity
- Contribute to various internal and external communications about AAUW STEM programs
- Support social media and marketing efforts to recruit participants for assigned program and promote events
- Assist in analyzing data collected from online surveys
- Perform other related/comparable duties as required and assigned
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at an accredited U.S. institution; STEM field preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Access, Excel, Teams)
- Knowledge and proficient use of online platforms (Zoom, Webex, etc.)
- Familiarity with equity issues in STEM
- Commitment to work 15 hours/week through August 2021
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Compensation and Location
The hourly pay is $15/hour for up to 15 hours/week February 15-August 31, 2021. The position is 100% virtual.
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email indicating position title (STEM Intern) in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.