1. Serves as lead worker to assign work, provides guidance and training to assigned staff, and advises immediate supervisor regarding performance of staff.
2. Coordinates projects related to the ongoing maintenance, development, and operation of outdoor recreational and natural programs, including:
- Assigns tools and vehicles to employees at the park.
- Performs and directs the activities of staff engaged in the collection of trash/garbage, cleaning and disinfection of restrooms.
- Inspects public use areas for hazars such as fallen trees, erosion, broken picnic tables, and broken playground equipment.
- Informs visitors of rules and regulations.
3. Oversees and participates in the maintenance of the park grounds:
- Rakes leaves, mows, cuts bushes and trees.
- Plants trees, shrubs, flowers and grass.
- Patches roads.
- Repairs and paints picnic tables, stoves, and grills.
- Designs, constructs, and installs signs throughout the park.
- Operates vehicles with a GCWR of 26,001 or more pounds.
4. Assures safety and security
- Directs traffic and advises site users of rules and regulations.
- Notifies appropriate authorities in the event of emergencies, disturbances, or criminal activities.
5. Assists in the set up of the historical interpretive programs and special events:
- Constructs A-frame, stage, and sound systems that are used during annual encampment.
- Responsible for the set-up of living history weekend at the ole type Christmas display.
6. Works with volunteers and non-paid state employees who do labor intense work at the park including Green Thumb workers, public service workers and boot camp inmates.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.