Internship Post Website
Location(s): Nebraska -- Curtis, Wahoo, Scottsbluff, Neligh, Syracuse, Lincoln, Stanton, Imperial
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021
Anticipated Start and End Dates: June 7 through August 6, 2021, with flexibility
Salary Information: $13/hr, 24-40 hours per week
Work in a joint capacity with Pheasants Forever, Inc. (PF), the Nebraska Game & Parks Commission (NGPC) and Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to assist in the implementation of various conservation programs and wildlife management projects. Activities may include providing CRP contract status reviews, contract coordination and planning, site assessment, sign posting and reporting. Intern will work closely with multiple wildlife biologist assisting with various projects related to wildlife management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be pursuing a career in wildlife management or Natural Resources field.
- Must be able to work effectively with private landowners, governmental agency staff and conservation organization representatives.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record.
- Complete and comprehend all training as directed by supervisor(s).
- Abide by all company policies, rules and safety regulations as directed.
Training and Experience Guideline:
Any combination of training and/or experience that will enable the applicant to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Applicant must be interested or possess a degree in wildlife management or closely related natural resources field.
To Apply: Please click on the blue APPLY icon at the bottom or upper right corner. For a complete list of current job openings, visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a single Microsoft Word document or PDF file before uploading to our Recruitment website. PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE LOCATION PREFERENCE OR SIMPLY SAY “NO LOCATION PREFERENCE”
For more information about the position, contact the following depending on location:
- Curtis and Imperial: Andy Houser, Senior Coordinating Wildlife Biologist at (308)340-7929
- Wahoo: Jake Koenig, Farm Bill Biologist II at (402)689-3242
- Scottsbluff: Mike Klosterman, Senior Farm Bill Biologist at (308)765-9384
- Neligh and Stanton: Ryan Lodge, Senior Coordinating Wildlife Biologist (308)750-1215
- Lincoln and Syracuse: Bruce Sprague, Senior Farm Bill Biologist (402)335-7531
Pheasants Forever, Inc. is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.