Agency: Miami Waterkeeper
Location: Miami, FL
Closing Date: November 9, 2020
Contact: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and professional references to email@example.com to apply. Please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
Miami Waterkeeper is seeking a full-time Environmental Specialist to join our team. This position will support Miami Waterkeeper's routine water quality monitoring program, pollution response, and other scientific research efforts. This job reports to the Water Quality Research Manager and the General Counsel.
Water Quality Monitoring
- Involves fieldwork across Miami Dade County and Broward County
- Completes water quality training program
- Oversees part-time field technicians as needed
- Abides by sampling protocols (e.g. all samples must be analyzed within 6 hours of collection)
- Collects and processes water quality samples
- Collects environmental data in the field, records data on field sheet, takes site pictures, and coordinates data collection with Water Quality Research Manager
- Notifies the Water Quality Research Manager of equipment/supply needs.
- Manages Swim Guide application
- Manages data
- Receives, vets, and responds to pollution reports from the community
- Conducts field inspections of pollution reports - taking photos, samples, or other data as needed
- Drives and trailers research vessel (13ft Boston Whaler)
- Drafts scientific reports and technical comments (as needed)
- Compiles scientific data into charts, figures, graphs, or maps
- Builds out citizen science programming (as needed)
- Develops field research protocols for benthic and terrestrial surveys (as needed)
- Supports Water Quality Research Manager in ad hoc research inquiries
- Provides grant application/reporting metrics to support the science program
See announcement and apply here.