Position Website and Application Information
See also https://www.fs.usda.gov/working-with-us/jobs/summer-internships.
- Duties listed are at the highest grade level being advertised.
- Receives training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more functional areas of Natural Resources Management and Biological Sciences.
- Work assignments are usually clear-cut and designed to provide experience in a variety of activities.
- On a scheduled basis, following the Pathways Participant Agreement, receives assignments in various Natural Resources Management and Biological Sciences functions to gain an understanding of the various program concepts and operations.
- Develop an understanding of the total mission as well as organizational/functional interrelationships.
- Develop a foundation for more specialized application of knowledge gained from on-the-job training assignments.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in OPM, Department of Agriculture and Forest Service policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Is instructed on the use of personal computers, and file and data management.