Natural Resources Technician
Agency: Champaign County Forest Preserve District
Location: Mahomet, IL
Closing Date: open until filled
Contact: Human Resources at 217-586-3360 or HR@ccfpd.org.
This is a seasonal position responsible for implementing best management practices for natural areas management throughout the various preserves within the District.
The standard work hours for this position are Monday-Thursday, 6:30am-5:00pm with some flexibility under certain conditions. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. The primary work location for this position is Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve in Mahomet with travel to other preserves within the District as needed (transportation provided to alternate sites).
• Assist Natural Resources staff with the conservation and restoration of prairie, savanna, wetland and forested natural areas throughout the District
• Control brush and invasive species using various strategies such as mowing, cutting or trimming, or herbicide application
• Participate in seed collection and processing
• Assist with prescribed burns
• Enter data into various systems for reporting, tracking, and analysis
• Interact with preserve visitors in a positive and professional manner
• Perform other duties as assigned
See announcement and apply here.