Natural Resource Officer I (Game Warden) Testing and Assessment Opportunity
Kansas Game Wardens are responsible for the statewide enforcement of state and federal fish and wildlife laws, boating laws, and public lands regulations. These enforcement activities occur on private and publicly owned lands within the state. In addition to these primary law enforcement duties, KDWP officers also assist federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies in a support role when requested. Kansas Game Wardens also work at providing information and educational programs concerning hunter education, boating safety, and other natural resources related programs.
BENEFITS: Beginning hourly salary, $21.65 with additional step increases; group health and life insurance; retirement; dental and vision options; holidays; sick, vacation leave and parental leave; and optional programs such as deferred compensation, and FSA and HSA accounts.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree is not required but preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with fisheries and wildlife is required. This could be in the form of coursework or personal experience which should be outlined in the candidates cover letter.
- Possess a valid driver’s
- Must pass a background check
- Must pass a Truth Verification Examination
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must be a credible witness in court.
- Must have no legal impediments. Disqualification information and the exemption from disqualification form can be found at the department’s website
PHYSICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS:
- Timed 1 mile run – 10 minutes or less
- Applicants who are successful in passing the test will move onto the written testing that same day.