If you ask 10 people what self-care means to them, you’ll get 10 different answers. On a universal level, self-care generally includes taking time for yourself, doing activities that bring you joy and peace, and creating healthy boundaries in your personal and professional life. Everyone has their own preferences for self-care, but I’d like to share what it looks like for me.
- Going on a walk and calling a friend or listening to music
- Working out, especially swimming outdoors if it’s nice out
- Treating myself to a chai latte or sushi
- Watching a feel-good show
- Working outside if it’s nice out
There is also many events and support resources on campus. If you're not sure where to start, visit the Student Affairs website!