The global sustainability crisis requires innovative solutions that promote human flourishing without compromising the natural systems upon which we depend. Through Reimagine Our Future, undergraduate students are challenged to develop an innovative plan or solution that addresses a particular sustainability problem or challenge and promotes one or more of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
How to join the Reimagine Our Future Sustainability Competition:
- Choose a sustainability topic. Unsure how to decide? Explore resources on the Reimagine Our Future website.
- Come up with an idea to address it. Join a workshop for assistance with this task.
- Put together a team. (You may work alone, if you wish.)
- Register for the competition before Oct. 9, 2023 through the Reimagine Our Future website: https://reimagine.web.illinois.edu/registration/
- Connect with sustainability experts to research and refine your concept.
- Produce a short fact sheet about your idea and submit by Nov. 19, 2023.
Ideas will be judged based on novelty, feasibility, scalability/replicability, connection to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and compelling communication. Finalists will be notified by Nov. 25 and will present their ideas at an award ceremony on Dec. 2 that will be live streamed.
Nine cash prizes will be awarded:
- Top Prize (1 winner): $2000
- Second prize (2 winners): $1000
- Third prize (3 winners): $500
- Special prize for most interdisciplinary project (1 winner): $500
- Special prize for most successfully implemented idea (1 winner): $500
- Special prize for best project on climate change awarded by the Center for Global Studies (1 winner): $500
Ensuring a sustainable future is a global challenge. We know our students have the imagination, creativity, and commitment to develop bold and innovative solutions to shape the future. We hope you will share your ideas with us!
Have questions? Please contact Leon Liebenberg, email@example.com.