Microeconomic analysis including value and distribution theory; analysis of the pricing of the factors of production integrated in a micro-general equilibrium context which builds towards explaining the resource allocation process. 3 undergraduate credit hours
Prerequisites (Must complete BEFORE taking this course):
ECON 102 (Microeconomic Principles)
MATH 220 or MATH 221 (Calculus 1)
or MATH 234 (Business Calculus)
Faculty Teaching the Course:
This course is taught by the below faculty ~ you may click on their name to view their website with additional information. Please check the Course Explorer or Enterprise/Self-Service to see what section they will be teaching (teaching schedules vary by semester).
Professor Nolan Miller
Past Course Syllabi:
The following syllabi are from past semesters and should only be used as a guide for the information covered in the course and general structure of the course. The instructors have the right to change the course for upcoming semesters ~ please refer to the syllabus they distribute the first day of class.
ECON 302 Isaac DiIanni Past Syllabus
ECON 302 Bryan Buckley Past Syllabus
Econ 302 Inter Micro Theory Jose Vazquez Online Past Syllabus
View the Course Explorer:
See when the course is offered in upcoming semesters and all the section details:
Fall 2018 Section Information:
'A' Section: You must register for one Lecture (AL1) and one Discussion (AD_) at the same time.
'B' Section: You must register for one Lecture (BL1 or BL2) and one Discussion (BD_) at the same time.
Click on the post title for additional information, including past syllabi and prerequisites.
Course restrictions are managed by the Econ Undergraduate Studies Office. Instructors do NOT have the ability to provide overrides. Please read the detailed information below:
- RESTRICTED TO ECON (LAS) MAJORS until August 21st (restriction will be lifted by noon).
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE majors will be able to register starting April 24th.
- DUAL-DEGREE ECON students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for major overrides.
- Students who have COMPLETED THE CRITERIA AND WILL BE DECLARING ECON may apply for overrides once grades have posted by completing the following form between 5/20/17-6/5/17: http://go.economics.illinois.edu/CourseOverrides (criteria must be met & you must have met with an Econ Academic Advisor).
- EXCHANGE STUDENTS SHOULD CONTACT OUR OFFICE email@example.com to request an override (pending capacity)- PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO ECON/LAS EXCHANGE STUDENTS and others pre-approved.
- OTHER MAJORS NEEDING ECON ADVANCED COURSES must wait until the restriction is lifted- or should contact their departmental academic advisor to check on other available options, or have their office contact the Economics Department directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WE DO NOT PROVIDE OVERRIDES FOR FULL SECTIONS. Students must wait until seats are available to register for the course. Students in their last semester requiring this course should register when their priority registration is available (contact our office immediately if there are issues with you registering during this time).