Teen Program Coordinator
The Teen Programming Coordinator must have experience managing staff and working in youth-based programs. The Teen Director must be over the age of 19 and would typically be working toward a degree within the field of Education, Child Psychology, Social Work, or an equivalent field. The Teen Coordinator Position requires staff and space coordination, scheduling acumen, and clear communication with partnering organizations, staff, and parents.
The coordinator must participate in 1.5 days of training before the Clubhouse opens for summer. Mahomet Area Youth Club will be open for summer from June 3rd through August 9th from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. The Teen Coordinator will attend all field trips and assist with program sponsored transportation. This summer-time position is a 10 to 12-week paid opportunity. If you are interested, please attach a resume along with a cover letter to Chad@mahometyouth.org.
- Create and manage summer program content and design for teens
- Assist in pre-summer camp planning and organization
- Create and update the daily schedule along with special events and rainy days
- Communicate with parents, community partners, and other outside liaisons prior to and throughout the summer
- Monitor the health and safety of all campers and staff
- Manage the overall program content and structure
- Evaluate quality of instruction and activities
- Help schedule, supervise, and monitor staff and volunteers
- Assist in the pre-summer and ongoing training for all staff
- Coach counselors on appropriate group behavior management strategies
- Participate in team building and regular meetings to ensure that staff keeps the children’s needs first in implementing all programming
- Interact with kids and help coordinate daily activities; model positive behavior for other counselors and children
- Work closely with Executive Director and Programming Director in implementing all programs
Counselor Positions (Seasonal)
The Mahomet Area Youth Club (MAYC) is looking for individuals who love to work with kids to assist during summer break and/or spring break.
Counselors are responsible for a group of 15 to 20 children on a daily basis. They must ensure children's safety, manage children's behavior, act as a role model and mentor, and model constructive participation in all daily activities. They will work closely with the Programming Director and Executive Director to implement programming and to ensure the safety of all children. Counselors with the help of the children where appropriate are also expected to assist in cleaning up during the day and at the end of each day to ensure facilities are kept neat and tidy for continued use. Counselors should be at least 17 years of age. All Counselors must participate in 1.5 days of training before the Clubhouse opens for summer. Mahomet Area Youth Club will be open for summer from June 3rd through August 9th and spring break from March 18th to 22nd from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. Counselors are expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. This is a paid position. Please attach resume along with an e-mail explaining why you are interested in the position to Chad@mahometyouth.org.