Terms of Service (TOS)
The TOS must be read and agreed to before access to Webtools is granted. The first time a user logs in to Webtools the TOS acceptance prompt will be displayed.
All data and files are stored at Amazon Web Services. All files are backed three times a day via Amazon's S3 storage. All database data isbacked up continuously via Amazon's RDS processes.
All data is kept until a user deletes it except for the following:
- Email groups in the Group Manager areautomatically deleted if they have not been used in 18 months.
- Email data is deleted after 18 months. No reports can be run after this time.
- Emails sent to users will only maintain their links for the first 18 months. After this time period if a user clicks a link they will be taken to a landing web page.
- Emails themselves are never deleted. This means you have access to the newsletter archive until you delete it.
- Email resources such as images and files may not be available after 18 months.
- Calendar events will be deleted three years after the event hasoccurred.
All servers reside at Amazon Web Services. They have been reviewed by Technology Services.
All faculty, staff, and students at the university have access to Webtools using their Shibboleth login. Students may not create new short URLs or surveys in Webtools, or distribute emails.
If you experience problems with Webtools, contact us Monday through Friday, 9:00-5:00, by calling 217-265-9073 or by filling out the contact form.
Legitimate Webtools uses
The applications within Webtools may only be used for purposes related to the University of Illinois. Any usage unrelated to the University will result in the forfeiture of Webtools privileges for that specific user. The Office of Web Services retains the right to determine/identify inappropriate use of the tools. Using the tools for private or commercial use is prohibited. If you have any questions, please contact us.