Archaeological Extra Help
Illinois State Archaeological Survey
Prairie Research Institute
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Illinois State Archaeological Survey is seeking to hire an Archaeological Extra Help to assist in managing project and site-level databases, spreadsheets, and related materials for archaeological projects, compliance report archives, and publications. Work up to 40 hours per week at $20 per hour. Position is based in Champaign, Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with our Statewide Office to upload reports to the Cultural Resource Management (CRM) Report Archive as needed.
- Develop published-report inventory database.
- Manage compliance-related paperwork, both electronic and hard copies, with federal agencies and state managers.
- Organize and manage Survey inventory, publications image database, and related paperwork.
- Use Creative Cloud InDesign (Invoices), Excel (associated paperwork), and Airtable (inventory), Box and Dropbox to assist in report and publication management and distributions.
- Produce and manage digital figures and scans for Survey databases and publications.
- Manage miscellaneous ISAS spreadsheets and databases.
- Assist staff with photography by labeling, sorting, moving artifacts for researchers.
- Perform other duties as needed in order to further the mission and goals of the Survey, PRI, and University.
Required Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree with at least six months experience in file management and use of electronic spreadsheets and databases. Effective data analytical skills. Effective communication, personal relations, collaboration, and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced work environment of multiple and changing priorities with stringent deadlines, under minimal supervision. Attention to detail, sound judgment, and strong conflict resolution skills. Affinity for cooperative or interdisciplinary research with scientists at the Survey, professionals at other Surveys or other academic units, as well as governmental and other academic institutions. Valid driver’s license. Preferred Qualifications: Previous work-related experience with Creative Cloud InDesign (Invoices), Excel (associated paperwork), and Airtable (inventory), Box, and Dropbox.
Position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names/contact information of three academic or professional references to Sarah Scattergood, Archaeological Projects Coordinator at email@example.com
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.