Check out our webpage devoted to career exploration and development: https://sib.illinois.edu/undergraduate/careers/
Career Connections is your place for everything career, getting you to your goals and beyond, offering alumni mentoring, workshops, application review, individual appointments, and more! Learn more at: https://sib.illinois.edu/undergraduate/mentor/careerconnections
Easy ways to get answers about your career choice!
Curious about the kinds of jobs available in conservation?
Want to know what it's really like to be on the front lines in the healthcare field?
What else is there besides med school and grad school?
How can you make a real difference while making money?
You have a lot of questions about careers, and we have LOTS of professionals who are excited to share their experiences and insights. Our Alumni Mentoring Program isn't just for formal mentors, you can also ask quick questions, have a 20 minute phone chat, Zoom, or chat in Discord.
Alumni mentors are grouped by career area, so you can peruse the careers that IB graduates pursue. Christina can also help you to connect with someone to answer your questions.
Want to talk to someone in the career you're interested in? Check out our alumni mentoring program or talk with Christina to be matched with a professional in your field who graduated from the IB program. Learn more: https://sib.illinois.edu/undergraduate/mentor/
Gain work experience through college
5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 23, 1060 Lincoln Hall
Are you interested in gaining professional experience? This workshop led by our LAS peer mentors will help you sharpen your job-seeking skills and better understand the types of opportunities available.
DGS hiring summer peer advisors!
The Division of General Studies (DGS) is seeking undergraduate student leaders, who are interested in being a positive influence on the DGS campus community, to assist with our New Student Registration program.
DGS is the starting point for University of Illinois students who wish to explore their options before declaring a major. The summer peer advisors will work closely with DGS advisors and administrators to gain necessary knowledge to assist incoming freshman in planning for their first semester of college.
DGS Summer Peer Advisors will:
- • Learn about the academic advising profession by being an integral part of New Student Registration
- • Collaborate with DGS academic advisors, administrators, and other campus partners
- • Serve as a point person for roughly 1,200 new students
- • Facilitate morning small group meetings for DGS students during New Student Registration.
- • Assist new students with course registration
A successful peer advisor candidate must:
- • Be willing to work as a part of a team and collaborate with others
- • Demonstrate excellent presentation skills
- • Be able to solve problems independently and to think critically
- • Have a minimum GPA of a 2.0 GPA or above
- • Demonstrate knowledge of the course explorer website and self-service
- • Be a current Illinois student
Other desired qualifications include:
- • Former DGS student (but not required)
- • Familiarity of intercollegiate transfer process
- • Knowledge of Illinois general education requirements
- • Junior or Senior class standing for Fall 2022
- • Demonstrated leadership experience
- • GPA of 2.5 or above
Candidates must be available for in-person, full day training May 16-19 and on June 6, 2022. Peer advisors will be responsible for working approximately 20-25 hours per week from June 6-July 15.
The pay for this position is $12.50 per hour. Training dates are paid in addition to the work between June-July. Peer advisors must successfully pass a background check.
- • Email a cover letter, resume and three references (include email and phone number) to Jessica Arnold, DGS Senior Assistant Director, at email@example.com by 5pm on March 18, 2022. Applications received after 5pm will not be considered.
UIC Pre-Dental Conference
Feb 25, 2022 from 8:45am-3:30pm
Open to all college pre-dental students! Learn more about the field of dentistry.
Check out the IB Info & Opportunities Newsletter for more detail on these and other opportunities!