Want to learn about more opportunities like these? Check out our webpage devoted to building your resume at sib.illinois.edu/undergraduate/career
REU: UConn Physiology and Neurobiology
Due 1 March 2022
Work with faculty on projects related to physiology and neurobiolgy including projects such as:
- Reproductive Physiology and Ovarian Cancer
- Autonomic Control of Breathing
- Neuratonomical Basis of Learning and Memory
- Neurochemistry, Signal Transduction, and Behavior
- Pathogenic Bacterial Alteration of Membrane Proteins
Learn more at: https://pnbreu.uconn.edu
Research Scientist Intern, Promega
Due Feb 28
You will be an essential part of the team carrying out biochemical experiments as well as cellular experiments on established cell models to interrogate, test and refine potential products. In addition, you will perform experiments for possible publications and internal marketing uses. Working with cell models will be an important part of the work and cell culture experience is desirable. This position will provide a great introduction to product development in a business setting as well as laboratory experience with a variety of techniques. Cell culture experience required (class exprience counts).
Promega supports scientists researching life and disease, pharma companies developing new treatments, forensic labs matching DNA from crime scenes and clinical labs running and confirming health tests – and that’s just the beginning. Just this past year, we provided our technologies to support COVID-19 testing and research.
Laboratory Scientist Intern, DNR
The Environmental Services Program houses the State of Missouri’s Environmental Chemistry Laboratory. The laboratory provides chemical analysis to help ensure the public has safe drinking water, clean streams and fresh air. This unique opportunity offers you to be a part of team that helps protect the health and safety of Missouri’s citizens. More here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/stu/jobs/5450282?ref=preview-header-click
Research Opportunity Database!
Did you know? The Office of Undergraduate Research has a Research Opportunity Database. with tons of opportunities for Summer 2022!
Here are just a few examples:
1) Discovery Hall Environmental Education Internship in Marine Science (DHP)
2) National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke's Summer Program (NINDS)
3) Science Teaching Experience for Undergraduates at Trinity College
4) Lifespan Approaches to Diverse Psychological Science NSF-REU at Duke University
5) Biomedical Sciences Summer Research Experience
Check out the IB Info & Opportunities Newsletter for more detail on these and other opportunities!