Bike Registration time is now!
Do you have a bike on campus? Then this is the time to register your bike and protect your ride! “According to the University Bicycle Ordinance, bicycle registration is mandatory for all bicycles parked or operated on campus and owned by students, staff, faculty, University departments, community members and bike share vendors.” The bike registration process is very quick and easy and allows students to be ahead of bike theft or an infraction that might occur with your bike. There is a one-time $10 bicycle registration fee to purchase a Shield sticker. You may be wondering what this registration process looks like, here are the three easy steps it takes to register your bike:
2. Proceed to register your bicycle on the Project 529 Garage website
3. Collect your 529 Shield and install it on the frame of your bicycle
Learn more at https://go.illinois.edu/mybike.
There are several benefits of registering your bicycle in the University of Illinois’ new system:
- National bicycle registration system – so your bicycle will be protected even if/when you move away from Urbana-Champaign
- Bike theft recovery – this will increase the chance to recover your bicycle
- Information about bicycle-related events
- Information about traffic closures
- Recovering impounded bicycles and end-of-year-round up
- One registration system for all in the community
- Help the University understand bicycle-related needs
These are just some of the many benefits bike registration system has to offer. If you’d like to learn more about these benefits in greater detail head over to https://bike.illinois.edu/register-your-bike/benefits-of-registration/. This is a website that is designed to answer all of your questions. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions.