With the world up in flames about the many threats the virus has to society. It is important that we take the time to educate ourselves about the spread, prevention, and details about the condition. According to the CDC, here is what we know:
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Take steps to protect yourself
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
When bike sharing it is very important to clean the entire bike from handles to kick stand before touching it with your bare hands. To be extra careful, if there is any part of the bike that you think you might touch, wipe it down too. Make sure that the wipes you are using has an alcohol content of 70% or higher. Otherwise, you have not properly disinfected your bike. When preparing for your daily rides, make sure to wash your hands before and after use. This will help to protect yourself as well as others. These are some small steps that can be taken to ensure the prevention of this virus. If you aren't a bike rider, these steps are still vital to public health as well as your health. Follow these steps and you are ensuring a clean and coronavirus free lifestyle!
College of Media