One-on-one Career Advising:
Do you have questions about career exploration, how to gain experience while a student or the job search? If you are declared BSIS major you can make an appointment anytime. Some of the main topics we can assist with include:
- Resumé and cover letter review
- Interview preparation
- Assistance in identifying practicum, internship, and experiential learning opportunities
- Job search help including how to develop a strategy, troubleshoot challenges and negotiation
Sign up here:
Workshops and Events
Career Services also has workshops, panel sessions and other programming to help with your career development. To see a schedule of upcoming events visit our iSchool Calendar. And to view past event recordings click this link.
Resources and Support
As you make your way through your program, consider using the Career Preparedness Checklist to help guide you!
Article: Stay Confident During your Job Search by Focusing on the Process, not the Outcome
Holding an informational interview is one of the best ways to explore career options and network with professionals. These meetings, whether in person or virtual, can provide invaluable insight into the real work of active professionals and can give you perspective on the skill sets and pathways to those careers.
- The Career Center
- Handshake - Primary job board for UIUC
- The University of Illinois uses Handshake to present employment and experiential learning opportunities to students and alumni. Handshake is a powerful tool for finding entry-level jobs, hourly positions, internships, practicums, volunteer opportunities, and campus assistantships. The employers who post opportunities are actively recruiting talent from the iSchool and the University of Illinois. Employers can search student profiles and public resumes, so be sure your profile is complete and your resume is public. Sign-in to Handshake with your net-id and password to get started.
- Virtual Student Job Board (for on-campus students looking for hourly work - not necessarily relevant to degree)
- Campus Recreation
- Facilities & Services
- Research Park Job Board (for students local to Champaign/Urbana interested in corporate industry)
Data Science & Analytics Jobs
Sample Job Titles: Digital Technology Analyst, Data Analyst, Technology Development, Risk Analyst, Data Scientist
Information Architecture & Design Jobs
Privacy, Trust, Security, and Ethics Jobs
Sports Related Careers