Academic advisors are here to support students' personal and academic success in the iSchool at the University of Illinois. This site provides information about academic advising and academic policies for undergraduate students in the iSchool.
Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Advising is for current ILLINOIS students, all majors are welcome.
- Academic advising appointments are available during normal business hours (closed for campus holidays).
- Express Advising (drop-in advising) is available at certain times.
- Advising Meetings are conducted In-Person or Online using Zoom (students choose).
Schedule an Advising Appointment
Appointments may be scheduled online at least 4 hours in advance based on availability, and are scheduled for 30 minutes. Please cancel at least 12 hours in advance using the same link below.
- Go to https://go.ischool.illinois.edu/UGadvisingappointment
- Use NetId and password to log in.
- Select the "iSchool" Calendar.
- Select advisors to see available appointment times. Additional appointment times opened frequently.
- Indicate if the appointment will be In-Person or Online.
- Answer other questions (why you are scheduling an advising appointment)
- Schedule appointment.
- Students should review the email confirmation they receive once the appointment is scheduled. Pertinent information relative to advising modality chosen will be included.
- In-Person Appointments: Check-in at 4th Floor Student Affairs Front Desk at 614 E. Daniel St., Champaign.
- Online Appointments: Check the email confirmation for Zoom link before the appointment to join the advising meeting. You will be placed in a waiting room and the advisor will add you to the main room when they are ready. It is recommended to join with a computer and use video, but just voice or a phone may be used.
- For quick questions.
- If the Reception Staff believe that a student's question can be answered by email instead of waiting for an advisor, they will communicate with the student via email to clarify.
- If the Reception Staff believe that a student will need to schedule an appointment instead, they will assist with scheduling.
- Visit Calendar for Upcoming Express Advising Times: https://go.ischool.illinois.edu/UGExpressCalendar
- Calendar will list if the appointment is Online via Zoom, in-person, or both and how to check-in.
- In-Person: Check-in at 4th Floor Student Affairs Front Desk at 614 E. Daniel St., Champaign.
- Online Appointments: Zoom link provided in the calendar.
Please visit our Career Services page
Study Abroad Advising
Please visit our Study Abroad page
- Melissa Newell, Director of Undergraduate Affairs
- Tony Torres, Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Undergraduate Affairs
- Rebecca Hodson, Assistant Director of Career Services
- Troy Driskell, Office Support Specialist (Records)
If you have questions or issues meeting with an advisor, please email our office: email@example.com