Our interdisciplinary, STEM-designated degree will prepare you to manage data and other types of information to help organizations achieve their goals.
You will have the flexibility to apply your skills in a variety of fields, such as education, health care, business and finance, arts and communications, and government.
Example Career Titles:
- Content strategist
- Data analyst
- Identify and integrate new data from multiple sources, analyzing and evaluating the data to generate insights.
- Database manager
- Information governance analyst
- Information technology analyst
- Market research analyst
- Product manager
- Product managers develop products by conducting market research, generating product requirements, determining specifications and production timetables, and developing marketing strategies. Blends UX, technology, and business, a product manager defines the very essence of a product, designs solutions to customer problems, and collaborates with numerous stakeholders.
- Technology support specialist
- As a digital consultant, you can help a company or client plan how and where their business should exist digitally and prepare digital strategies. Digital consultants can guide clients to help their brand reach customers through search engine optimization, marketing/advertising, web design, social media strategies, and exploring evolving digital platforms.
- Systems Analyst/IT Analyst
- Designs and implements information systems that optimize organizational efficiency.
- User Experience (UX) Researcher
- Provide a deep understanding and insight into user behavior, needs, and motivations through conducting user and task analyses. Develops surveys, facilitates focus groups, and interviews clients, collecting and analyzing user behavior.
- User Experience (UX) Designer
- Create successful user experiences through research, feedback, analysis, prototyping, testing, and best design practices including usability and accessibility concerns.
- The Career Center
- Handshake - Primary job board for UIUC
- The University of Illinois uses Handshake to present employment and experiential learning opportunities to students and alumni. Handshake is a powerful tool for finding entry-level jobs, hourly positions, internships, practicums, volunteer opportunities, and campus assistantships. The employers who post opportunities are actively recruiting talent from the iSchool and the University of Illinois. Employers can search student profiles and public resumes, so be sure your profile is complete and your resume is public. Sign-in to Handshake with your net-id and password to get started.
- Virtual Student Job Board (for on-campus students looking for hourly work - not necessarily relevant to degree)
- Research Park Job Board (for students local to Champaign/Urbana interested in corporate industry)
Data Science & Analytics Jobs
Sample Job Titles: Digital Technology Analyst, Data Analyst, Technology Development, Risk Analyst, Data Scientist
Information Architecture & Design Jobs
Privacy, Trust, Security, and Ethics Jobs