Champaign, Ill.— All media briefings are provided under the leadership of the Champaign County Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
We are announcing a cumulative total of 703 cases in Champaign County. In addition, we are reporting one more death in Champaign County. This person was a man in his 80s with underlying health conditions. There have been a total of nine COVID-related deaths. These numbers are accurate as of the release time.
For daily information on demographics, please visit the Champaign-Urbana Public Health website at: https://www.c-uphd.org/champaign-urbana-illinois-coronavirus-information.html.
*Releases will be issued each Wednesday until further notice
Additional resources and information
Media Briefings – Media briefings provided by the Joint Information Center will occur on an as-needed basis. Media will receive notification as they are scheduled.
Utility Assistance - Ameren Illinois customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bill are encouraged to apply for funding assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Individuals who normally would not meet LIHEAP income qualifications may now be eligible to receive one-time bill assistance.
Applications are being accepted through June 30, 2020 and funds are available on a first come, first served basis until depleted. For more information, including application, visit HelpIllinoisFamilies.com or call 877-411-9276.
To learn more about financial assistance and payment options, visit AmerenIllinois.com/Recovery or call 1-800-755-5000 to speak to an Ameren Illinois customer service representative.
COVID-19 testing option - The State’s drive-thru COVID-19 testing site is available at the Market Place Shopping Center in Champaign. This is a FREE service that can be obtained without a doctor’s referral, code, or appointment. Tests are now available for anyone.
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (7 days a week while daily supplies last)
Market Place Shopping Center, 2000 N. Neil Street, Champaign
*Please note the site will close during inclement weather
Testing site is located on the East side of the mall - Enter through the South mall entrance off of Market Street
Testing - The test is self-administered, quick and painless with a 10-15 second swab inside of each nostril. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, the self-administered nasal swab has the same sensitivity to detect coronavirus as the nasopharyngeal swab and is CDC approved.
Please note - Patients receiving required pre-surgery or pre-procedure testing should receive that test as directed by their doctor’s office to avoid delays.
211 - This is a service provided by the United Way with trained specialists to match people to the right service agency based on your individual needs. For access, dial 211 or visit the Champaign County 211 website at uwayhelps.org/211.
Champaign County COVID-19 Resource Site - During this challenging time, the community is coming together to provide solutions. A county website has been created to provide information, updates and needed resources that provide support. This information can be found at: champaigncountycovid19.org. The COVID-19 website will be updated as new information is received.
Champaign County Safe – A coalition of local organizations and municipalities have launched an online resource to help Champaign County businesses as they progress through the next stages of the state’s Restore Illinois plan. The new website - champaigncountysafe.org – was developed to maintain the safety and well-being of our communities and to share information and resources with businesses in Champaign County. The site will serve as a hub for Champaign County businesses to access resources, including re-opening guidelines, sample signage, PPE suppliers, local cleaning companies, local printers and more.
As guidelines continue to evolve, the site and all the resources will be updated, so businesses should check back frequently for the latest information.
COVID-19 Patient Resources
Carle (217) 902-6100
- Carle remains open to meet essential Primary and Specialty Care needs. Examples of essential appointments include high blood pressure, ear infection and minor cuts and fractures. Patients should call the COVID-19 Hotline at (217) 902-6100 to be assessed and directed to the appropriate location for care. Your provider may address many health needs by phone or virtual visits in accordance with social distancing best practice. All Carle Emergency Departments remain open for people needing immediate care for life-threatening emergencies.
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (217) 239-7877
- CUPHD’s COVID hotline is available seven days a week between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. If you do not reach a person, leave a voicemail that includes your name and phone number with a brief message.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated information available at c-uphd.org.
- Follow Champaign-Urbana Public Health District on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date information.
- Patients with questions or concerns or who want to inquire about testing are asked to call their provider’s office.
- Christie Clinic providers are now available for preventative care appointments and elective procedures. We have taken precautionary measures to open our doors for non-urgent healthcare concerns. Patients can visit their MyChristie patient portal or call their provider to request an appointment.
- Need Urgent Care? Visit a Christie Clinic Convenient Care.
- Launched June 1: Christie Clinic Curbside Convenient Care: 1801 West Windsor Road, Champaign, IL 61822
- Reopened June 1: Christie Clinic in Mahomet: 1001 Commercial Drive, Mahomet, IL 61853
- Christie Clinic in Danville on Vermilion: 3545 North Vermilion Street, Danville, IL 61832
- Christie Clinic in Urbana: 1710 East Windsor Road, Urbana, IL 61802
OSF 833-OSF KNOW (833-673-5669)
- The COVID-19 Nurse Hotline is staffed by OSF registered nurses around the clock, and during times of heavy usage will be staffed by other OSF health care professionals.
- Clare, the virtual assistant chatbot on osfhealthcare.org, is equipped to begin screenings for and educate the public about COVID-19.
- OSF SilverCloud-An online platform available at osfhealthcare.org/silvercloud, available 24/7 to help manage stress, anxiety and depression. It’s backed by a live health care professional who can direct users to in-person or telehealth care if necessary.
- OSF HealthCare has launched a Pandemic Health Worker Program (PHWP) that serves individuals with COVID-19 symptoms. A person is eligible for the PHWP if he or she is showing COVID-19 symptoms, or is at high risk for contracting the virus, but does not require emergency or inpatient care, and can be digitally monitored at home. They must first call the COVID-19 Nurse Hotline (833-OSF-KNOW) and be digitally triaged by a nurse. Depending on the answers to the screening questions, the nurse or other provider will determine if they are eligible for the PHWP. If enrolled, the client will be notified and receive a phone call from a Pandemic Health Worker within 48 hours.
- OSF HealthCare is offering video visits for those who prefer to see their physician from the comfort of their own home, while safely distancing from others. Patients can go to osfmychart.org or call their doctor’s office to see if a video visit is the right choice for them.
Promise is now available for all primary care needs including, prenatal, vaccinations and well child exams. Most dental services are now available with SmileHealthy. All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risks at time of scheduling and at check in. The waiting area is appropriately spaced apart and an additional waiting area is available for those that present with symptoms or other risk factors.
Call (217) 356-1558 for care at Frances Nelson
Call (217) 693-4660 for care at Promise on Walnut
Call (217) 403-5477 for dental care with SmileHealthy
COVID-19 testing is available outside Frances Nelson. Both swabbing and serum tests are available. Call our COVID-19 Care Line at (217) 403-5402. Testing is available from 8:00 – 5:00, Monday through Friday at Frances Nelson, 819 Bloomington Road, Champaign. The provider will determine which test is clinically appropriate.