Champaign, Ill.— All daily media briefings are provided under the leadership of the Champaign County Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
The number of persons diagnosed with COVID-19 in Illinois continues to rise. We are announcing seven new cases for a total of 63 cases in Champaign County as of today. In addition, we are reporting Champaign County’s first death. This person was a man in his 80s with underlying health conditions. These numbers are accurate as of the release time.
For information on demographics, please visit the Champaign-Urbana Public Health website at: https://www.c-uphd.org/champaign-urbana-illinois-coronavirus-information.html
Champaign County COVID-19 Resource Site
During this challenging time, the community is coming together to provide solutions. A county website has been created to provide information, updates and needed resources that provide support. This information can be found at: champaigncountycovid19.org
Information is currently provided for the following topics:
- Housing and Shelter
- Financial Assistance
- Volunteering and Donating
- Child Care and Education
We know many people are feeling stressed or experiencing grief during this difficult time. Please visit the Healthcare section of the COVID-19 resource site for mental health support. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) also have the following resources available:
The COVID-19 website will be updated as new information is received.
We have community transmission, meaning the virus is circulating among the local community and infecting people who are not sure how or where they were infected, we all should consider ourselves at risk for exposure to COVID-19. That means that everyone should stay home as much as possible and self-monitor for symptoms. Self-monitoring means checking yourself daily for fever, cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat. Health officials do not indicate testing for mildly ill or asymptomatic people.
Christie Clinic Convenient Care now operating out of the Christie Clinic in Urbana and Christie Clinic in Danville on Vermilion locations.
Any suspected Coronavirus patients should CALL the Christie Clinic Hotline (217-366-4070) for instructions prior to arriving at any Christie Clinic location. To prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community, Coronavirus testing and provider assessment locations are separate from all other Christie Clinic services. The Christie Clinic Hotline will direct you to the appropriate location for your needed services. The Hotline will help you arrange an appointment without potentially exposing others to the virus. For patients with scheduled appointments un-related to COVID-19, please be advised you will be contacted 24-hours prior to your appointment and before you enter any Christie Clinic location for screening questions.
COVID-19 Patient Resources
Carle (217) 902-6100
- Visit carle.org for an online screening tool and patient information about COVID-19. A smart form will guide patients through a series of questions to assess their symptoms and risk and provide guidance on how, where or if a patient should seek care.
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (217) 239-7877
- Email email@example.com
- Updated information available at c-uphd.org.
- Follow Champaign-Urbana Public Health District on Facebook for up to date information.
Christie Clinic (217) 366-4070 (8 am – 5 pm; Monday – Friday)
- Visit christieclinic.com or follow Christie Clinic on social media for the most up to date information on COVID-19.
OSF 833-OSF KNOW (833-673-5669)
- The COVID-19 Nurse Hotline is staffed by OSF registered nurses around the clock, and during times of heavy usage will be staffed by other OSF health care professionals.
- Clare, the virtual assistant chatbot on osfhealthcare.org, is equipped to begin screenings for and educate the public about COVID-19.
- OSF COVID Companion is a free text messaging tool that the public can use to receive guidance about COVID-19. To subscribe, users can text OSF to 67634.
- Call (217) 356-1558 for care at Frances Nelson
- Call (217) 693-4660 for care at Promise on Walnut
- Call (217) 403-5477 for dental care with SmileHealthy
The SmileHealthy Dental Center at Frances Nelson remains open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. to treat dental emergencies of pain or swelling. The clinic located at 819 Bloomington Road, Champaign welcomes patients with Molina, Meridian, Medicaid and Delta Dental and sees patients regardless of ability to pay on a sliding fee scale. Same day appointments are available.