Champaign, Ill.— All daily media briefings are provided under the leadership of the Champaign County Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
We are announcing 15 new cases today; Champaign County has a cumulative total of 611 cases. There have been a total of seven COVID-related deaths. These numbers are accurate as of the release time.
For information on demographics, please visit the Champaign-Urbana Public Health website at: https://www.c-uphd.org/champaign-urbana-illinois-coronavirus-information.html
Additional resources and information
The COVID-19 Relief Program aims to help low-income households maintain the basic need of housing with running utilities through:
- Rent assistance
- Mortgage assistance
- Water bill assistance
- Power bill assistance
In addition to the basic needs of housing and utilities, food and prescription assistance will be provided to support physical health and well-being. The provision of prescription and medical supplies assistance will be accomplished through a partnership with Champaign County Health Care Consumers.
Households in Champaign County interested in applying for this program can request assistance online at www.HelpIllinoisFamilies.com. After being referred to the RPC, an RPC staff member will contact the head of household to begin the application process.
*This assistance is specific to Champaign County residents who meet these income eligibility guidelines.
Take the Pledge – A coalition of local organizations and municipalities have launched a new online resource to help Champaign County businesses as they progress through the next stages of the state’s Restore Illinois plan. The new website - champaigncountysafe.org – was developed to maintain the safety and well-being of our communities and to share information and resources with businesses in Champaign County. The site will serve as a hub for Champaign County businesses to access resources, including re-opening guidelines, sample signage, PPE suppliers, local cleaning companies, local printers and more.
Businesses are also asked to take the Champaign County Safe Pledge. The pledge sets out expectations customers can have when visiting local businesses, including:
- Employees wearing masks
- Employees frequently washing their hands
- Surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the business are regularly cleaned and disinfected
- Social distancing measures are in place
Businesses can complete the pledge online and upon review, will be added to a comprehensive list of pledged businesses that the public can review. Businesses can then post their signed pledge in their windows to show their commitment to the health and safety of employees and customers.
As guidelines continue to evolve, the site and all the resources will be updated, so businesses should check back frequently for the latest information.
Additional testing option - The State’s drive-thru COVID-19 testing site is available at the Market Place Shopping Center in Champaign. This is a FREE service that can be obtained without a doctor’s referral, code, or appointment.
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (7 days a week while daily supplies last)
Market Place Shopping Center, 2000 N. Neil Street, Champaign - Testing site is located on the East side of the mall - Enter through the South mall entrance off of Market Street
Testing - The test is self-administered, quick and painless with a 10-15 second swab inside of each nostril. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, the self-administered nasal swab has the same sensitivity to detect coronavirus as the nasopharyngeal swab and is CDC approved.
Please note - Patients receiving required pre-surgery or pre-procedure testing should receive that test as directed by their doctor’s office to avoid delays.
Additional information and guidance can be found at: http://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/testing-guidance.
211 - This is a service provided by the United Way with trained specialists to match people to the right service agency based on your individual needs. For access, dial 211 or visit the Champaign County 211 website at uwayhelps.org/211.
Champaign County COVID-19 Resource Site - During this challenging time, the community is coming together to provide solutions. A county website has been created to provide information, updates and needed resources that provide support. This information can be found at: champaigncountycovid19.org
The COVID-19 website will be updated as new information is received.
COVID-19 Patient Resources
Carle (217) 902-6100
- Carle remains open to meet essential Primary and Specialty Care needs. Examples of essential appointments include high blood pressure, ear infection and minor cuts and fractures. Patients should call the COVID-19 Hotline at (217) 902-6100 to be assessed and directed to the appropriate location for care. Your provider may address many health needs by phone or virtual visits in accordance with social distancing best practice. All Carle Emergency Departments remain open for people needing immediate care for life-threatening emergencies.
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (217) 239-7877
- CUPHD’s COVID hotline is available seven days a week between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. If you do not reach a person, leave a voicemail that includes your name and phone number with a brief message.
- Email email@example.com
- Updated information available at c-uphd.org.
- Follow Champaign-Urbana Public Health District on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date information.
Christie Clinic (217) 366-4070 (8 am – 5 pm; Monday – Friday)
- Christie Clinic providers are now available for preventative care appointments and elective procedures. We have taken precautionary measures to open our doors for non-urgent healthcare concerns. Visit your MyChristie patient portal or call your provider to request an appointment.
- Telehealth, in-person and convenient care appointments are available. Speak with your provider about the best appointment for you.
OSF 833-OSF KNOW (833-673-5669)
- The COVID-19 Nurse Hotline is staffed by OSF registered nurses around the clock, and during times of heavy usage will be staffed by other OSF health care professionals.
- Clare, the virtual assistant chatbot on osfhealthcare.org, is equipped to begin screenings for and educate the public about COVID-19.
- OSF COVID Companion is a free text messaging tool that the public can use to receive guidance about COVID-19. To subscribe, users can text OSF to 67634.
- OSF SilverCloud-An online platform available at osfhealthcare.org/silvercloud, available 24/7 to help manage stress, anxiety and depression. It’s backed by a live health care professional who can direct users to in-person or telehealth care if necessary.
- OSF HealthCare is launching a Pandemic Health Worker Program (PHWP) that will serve individuals with COVID-19 symptoms. A person is eligible for the PHWP if he or she is showing COVID-19 symptoms, or is at high risk for contracting the virus, but does not require emergency or inpatient care, and can be digitally monitored at home. They must first call the COVID-19 Nurse Hotline (833-OSF-KNOW) and be digitally triaged by a nurse. Depending on the answers to the screening questions, the nurse or other provider will determine if they are eligible for the PHWP. If enrolled, the client will be notified and receive a phone call from a Pandemic Health Worker within 48 hours.
COVID-19 testing is available at Frances Nelson. If you have symptoms, call our COVID-19 Care Line at (217) 403-5402 or (217) 356-1558. Testing is available from 7:30 am – 5:15 pm, Monday through Friday at Frances Nelson, 819 Bloomington Road, Champaign.
- Call (217) 356-1558 for care at Frances Nelson
- Call (217) 693-4660 for care at Promise on Walnut
- Call (217) 403-5477 for dental care with SmileHealthy
The SmileHealthy Dental Center at Frances Nelson remains open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. to treat dental emergencies of pain or swelling. The clinic located at 819 Bloomington Road, Champaign welcomes patients with Molina, Meridian, Medicaid and Delta Dental and sees patients regardless of ability to pay on a sliding fee scale. Same day appointments are available.